Friday, July 24

i may not be Manolo Blahnik, but i'm following YOUR footsteps...kewl shooz

My neighbor is one of the coolest + most fashionable guys I know. It's always a delight to see him walking to or from the building or catch him sneaking a smoke while making work calls outside the lobby door. These chic mandals are from Oak, but he got them online (and cheaper, he says) from a site out of London. And check out that dude bag, too. He's got it all goin' on.






These sandals are just the right platform height...and hailing from Forever 21, are super affordable. One of my girlfriends and I are sharing a special birthday this year and during a group party upstate, we made like twins, from our sundresses to our sunglasses to our shoes. These, of course. The joke really was on everyone else, who seemed to get a big kick out of it, but I've been wearing these sandals practically daily and am in love with them worn with rolled up skinny jeans.




Who says turquoise has to be expensive?! My friend Alice paid more or "Less" (...use your imagination, there are great finds at Payless, dude!...) for these "suede" beauties that are just like jewelry for the sole. They look great with jeans, skirts, shorts, red toe nails or just simply naked ones!

Remember Bass Weejuns? Somehow, in the late '80s, these Norwegian fishing mocassins became the preppie's fashion handbook shoe of choice. Then came the company's super soft and cushion-y sandal variation, the Sunjun. Still supper soft and cushion-y, just right for getting rid of those flat and filthy flip-flop foot now fighting plantar fasciitis (your podiatrist will hate you, but lose the supportless scuffs that are fit for neither man nor man). Try your favorite vintage clothing store or search online with your butt as comfortably ensconced as your feet will be once your Sunjuns are delivered.


Cowboy boots come and go and come and go in the EV, but really never go out of style in our neck of our imaginations. Sistah Slash (aka my buddy kee), prepping for the WillieBob concert at Bethel recently, managed to find THE MOST PERFECT pair of Justin's online for, like, $20. Love, love, love. And apparently, they're so comfortable, she sleeps in them. JUST JOKING.




And then there are these embroidered platforms. Purchased years ago for I swear-to-God $5 on 14th Street, I tried to throw them away today (well, I put them in the give-away pile next to the elevator, where all our cool neighbors stash their gently-used fashion retirees for others to peruse + replenish with karmic goodness). Decided I needed to post a photo before their demise, since they were just too, well, cool, but of course they were gone when I ran back downstairs. Did some errands, had some brunch, came back. And there they were. Waiting next to the elevator to come back home with me for some portraits and some lovin'. They got + are gettin' both. (Reminds me of the time Bobby T and I threw my aching black leather platforms ~ I'd already tumbled out of them during a summer Solstice party and broken my little toe ~ out of the 3rd floor window onto the train tracks across from The Diana Hotel one late, late night in Milan. In the morning, they were waiting ever-so-patiently for me on the front sidewalk next to the concierge. Me thinkest BT played an early morning trick on me!) It was back to the closet with that pair! I managed never to break another toe due to "platform malfunction."

These funky flats were from the same 14th Street prayer-answering shoe purveyor and probably cost about $5, too. But the compliments I get! Incredible. They're blatant, metallic, neon, wrap up your leg and are comfy, all at the same crazy time. Great for NYC pavement. Rock on, wiccha rock sports!





I don't even know what to say...! Actually, this is a performance piece by my bff Barb up in the country one early Sunday. Some days, don't we all just feel like this? Good MORNING! xoxokimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

WhirledWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails