Saturday, June 12

Shopping the Archives



I've been shopping my archives for years now. Bin upon bin, stored in the cellar of my co-op building, contain the remnants of my previous fashion life, arranged by season, arranged by category. Heavy coats in one. Pants in another. Vintage furs carefully and loosely folded in a couple. Some house thrift store finds, others sample sale scores. There are those with my 14th Street dollar store "steals" that I just can't part with...and high-heeled shoes, boots and sandals ~ stilettos I can no longer walk in  stacked in several.

A relatively recent recessionista necessity, "shop your closet" has become many a fashionista's seasonal mantra. But now, surprisingly, according to an article by Stephanie Clifford in today's New York Times, even apparel companies are shopping the archives.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/12/business/12nostalgia.html?scp=1&sq=combing%20the%20archives&st=cse

Just found it interesting. That's all.
xoxokimmie

No comments:

Post a Comment

WhirledWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails