Friday, June 3

Marc Jacobs and the Designer Role of His Life

Happy to hear that Marc Jacobs is receiving the CFDA's Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award. Kudos, props, congrats to Marc.

But I just can't believe I didn't buy the Marc by Marc Jacobs Totally Turnlock Faridah bag for $50 at my go-to vintage thrift store yesterday. And after the article in the Times, too.

The bag was similar to the one below, only it was a faded denim hue with goldtone hardware.  It retails for $448. What was I thinking???? I am sick. SICK, I tell you.



Gone when I finally went back for it...now I am haunted by the great deal I let slip through my far-too-thrifty fingers, sure to never own a Marc handbag in my life.

Must've been that NYT's article yesterday that pushed it out of the store so quickly!

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WhirledWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails