Thursday, October 20

Holiday Gifting Ideas from Product-N-Press Fair

 Got a great little snapshot of future gift ideas when I stopped by the Product-n-Press show this past Wednesday afernoon.

The flyer, below, for what producer Jono Waks says is probably his tenth P-N-P media fair show so far, was a lovely, intimate way to view new products -- gifts suitable for both the coming holiday season and Valentine's Day.


A few of my favs that I think you'll like, too:

Hoopla's VS. mittens, a quirky, fun, homespun update on last year's furry animal hats, where prey and predator meet hand to hand.


The idea of putting your photos on canvas, framed or not, below,
at the Kodak gallery really intrigued me. I'm thinking grandkid "portraits" for the grandparents, travel memories for your spouse, decorating gift ideas for new home/hostess prezzies. Kodak also has a new waterproof video camera out -- trés cool, it's just a little bigger than a credit card!


 Cricket, a small cell phone pay-as-you-go carrier, with its new Muve Music, was on hand to talk of their great monthly phone plans, i.e., no contract. From what I gathered, the phones themselves cost a bit more from the outset, but monthly bills are way low for unlimited minute packages with data included. $35 a month sounds way better than my Verizon iPhone bill right now! And Muve sounds like a great music subscription/holiday gift for that special techie guy on your list.

Demeter showed off its new holiday scents, including Christmas fragrances like Mistletoe, but also new classics like Redhead in Bed. They gave me a mini roll-on to try, as well as a Sex on the Beach spray. Yumbly! Both are a bit on the super-sweet side (I'm really more into essential oils these days), but I will forever love the original, fragrance ground-breaking scents of Demeter Dirt and Tomato.

Brooklyn-based design outlet Stewart/Stand, founded by brothers Theo and Paul (with a retail store in DUMBO), can help you dodge a financial bullet with their stainless steel wallets, passport carrycases and sleek women's clutches. The beautiful accessories block radio frequency swiping of credit card or passport strips. They may not stop a real bullet with their full metal jackets, but a rep on hand recounted a story of one owner who fell off a ladder onto a nail, his Stewart/Stand wallet saving him from impalement. Unfortunately, the wallet couldn't protect him from his other massive injuries. Oops! They can save you, though, from financial or personal identity theft.

 If you're like me, you love a good game night...Scrabble, anyone?...and TableTOPICS looks like a fun way to kickstart holiday party conversations, for dinners or small gatherings. Pick a question, any question. There are even theme-based boxes, for girls' night out and the like.


Violight scored with the coolest high-tech gadget gift: a UV-ray cell phone sanitizer, below left. They also make portable and stand-alone toothbrush sanitizers, like the little egg cases, Zapi, below right. They gifted me with a Slim Sonic portable battery-op toothbrush, but it stopped working right after I turned it on later at home, and no, it didn't need the new battery I put in. Sad face. But it's really sleek and a great way to travel with a clean-in-case toothbrush.


Some old standby stocking stuffers, I'm thinking, include lovely scented soaps, from Yardley (they sampled me with Pomegranate Rose; I'll let you know what I think), and press-on French manicure tipped nails and lush eyelashes from Kiss (also gift swag; I've used the nails before -- LOVE! They really look pretty natural and are a wonderful alternative to gel acrylics, which, in my experience, can hurt your nail beds when they are removed.).


 Keep in mind the new FiFi Award winning perfumes, hyped by The Fragrance Foundation. Tom Ford, Balenciaga, Chanel, Gucci, among others, as perfect gifts for that perfect other in your life.


This soap and company truly intrigued me. CleanUp soap washes away much more than just dirt. Available in either a coconut or a rosemary mint soap, below, and shaped like a landmine, proceeds go to raise awareness and removal of landmines and to provide support of survivors. The company's charity partner is none other than a former Khmer Rouge child soldier. I have the coconut sample to try and so far I love that scent over the minty.  It has such a rugged, masculine design, I think I'll give this giftie to my hubby to try.

Capping off my P-N-P visit, I re-connected with Claire Cavanah, co-owner of Babeland, who I interviewed years ago for a little piece in the now-defunct Dutch magazine. Babeland is celebrating nearly 20 years of biz and has stores from the LES to Park Slope in NY. I also had the chance to meet Ti Chang, Chief Pleasure Officer (love the title!) of Crave, one of the coolest new lines Babeland carries, perfect pleasure-sharing accoutrements that are great for the next holiday gift-giving wave of Valentine's Day. Keep an eye out for Ti's double-duty Incognito Droplet lariat necklace -- double nipple vibrators on a rose gold chain -- that's a piece of gorgeous jewelry...or is it?! Only you and your intimates need know!

 

 Happy Shopping, all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

WhirledWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails