Wednesday, September 7

+J: The Final Collection for Uniqlo

I felt like we were waiting in line to get behind the velvet rope...like the store-within-a-store we were queuing up to get into was one of the hot nightclubs of the '80s all over again. Like Area, or something.
It was only +J at Uniqlo. I say "only" like it was nothing. It was way more than nothing. And, this being the last, that's-it, final collection designed by Jil Sander for Uniqlo, it was really something.

 

And, yes, I bought something. A very long wool something, a maxi dress, to be exact. Long, lean and lovely, detailed with a fishtail hem and a gathered oomph at one side of the waist. It reminded me a bit of a Norma Kamali sweatshirt maxi I had -- believe it or not, in the '80s -- that I wish I still had. The +J is more elegant, dressier and ultimately more collectible. I will not be getting rid of this dress any time soon. It reminds me of the good ol' days.

Speaking of which, we ran into a couple of people from the industry, including the PR powerhouse who worked with Jil Sander back in the day when we used to travel to Milan and Paris for the menswear shows. It was a pure pleasure to see her again.

That +J for Uniqlo. It's really something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WhirledWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails